Thursday, August 7, 2008
How it all began
As I was searching for a job I found a ad posted on Craigslist about teaching english in S. Korea. I thought it first that I would not be qualified but as I read on I learned that all I needed was a degree. I have always had a heart for 3rd world countries and wanting to make a difference. I wrote the contact person and it's sort of history from there. As time went on I learned more and mroe abot the program and the oppurtunities. I knew this was something I could not pass up. Everything was provided as well as a one year contract with benefits. (check out http://www.epik.go.kr/sub-2/link_url.asp?ma_url=sub_3_2) All I had to do was send my transcript and apply and I was on my way. This has been a very exciting time for me but also a tad bit scary. I know that if this is what God wants me to do that he will continue to work it out. Another positive factor is that I would like to one day teach freshman college Social Work and this would be an incredible Resume builder for me. So exciting. I will be most likely located in the very southern part of S. Korea in a town called Chungnam. I have the option to choose however this is where I believe I would like best. Lots of scenery and wonderful oppurtunities. I believe I'm about to truly get a education of a lifetime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment